Originally Constructed: Early 1800’s
Relocated to Village: 1977
The Store occupies the early Harris-Poe house from New Jasper-Paintersville Road east of the Caesar Creek Valley. This early 1800’s log building was given to the village by the Hollingsworth family near Paintersville and was moved here in 1977.
After the building was moved to the Pioneer Village, the back of the store was built from the remnants of a cabin which were donated to us. This allowed the General Store to be expanded from the single building to a more function building with twice the size allowing us to have more room the store.
Village members, the Harold Fugett family took this house under their wing. The Fugett’s finished it, set it up, and tended it as a Country Store for a number of years. It currently operates as the CCPV’s Volunteer Office and Gift Shop with all sales profits going back to the Village’s restoration fund.